NEW! The EFC's Julia Beazley has appeared repeated on TV to give updates on the situation (100 Huntley Street on May 11, May 5, and Context With Lorna Dueck on Feb. 26).
Audio & Video
Submissions to Government and Other Regulatory Bodies
- NEW! Does Your MP Know What You Think About Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide? (EFC staff, March 29, 2016)
- A Brief Analysis of the Report of the Special Joint Committee on Physician-Assisted Dying. A seven-page EFC response (Mar. 2016)
- More Time to Decide on Assisted Suicide Laws? (Bruce Clemenger, January 12, 2016)
- No Age Limits for Assisted Suicide? (Julia Beazley, December 21, 2015)
- Federal Government Options on Assisted Suicide (Bruce Clemenger, December 7, 2015)
- Canada Watch (Apr/May 2015) includes “Why Should We Be Involved in the Euthanasia Issue in Canada?” and “Going Deeper on Euthanasia: Q and A With EFC President Bruce Clemenger”
- Choosing Between Life and Death: How to promote the sanctity of human life after the Supreme Court decision on assisted suicide (Bruce Clemenger, March 1, 2015)
- All Euthanasia-related Posts on the EFC blog, going back to 2009
More information is available from the following organizations
What You Can Do
Related Issue: Abortion
Related Issue: Palliative Care
Related Issue: Reproductive/Genetic Technologies
Palliative Care: House of Commons motion calls for a national stategy (2016)
Palliative Care and End of Life Therapies: EFC position paper (2012)
Bill 52 Quebec: "Assisted Aid in Dying" bill passes (2014)
Carter v. Canada: Assisted suicide & euthanasia case (2013-2015)
Cuthbertson v. Rasouli: Life-sustaining care & religious freedom case (2013)
Find hospice and palliative care services near you. Search for services by name, location or medical conditions addressed.
In the Shadow of Death: A Christian Perspective on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide: Download this EFC publication from 2006 or buy a printed copy.