Guidelines for Visiting Your MP
Before you visit your Member of Parliament (MP), spend time praying for him/her. If possible, have people pray for you while you are meeting with him/her. During the meeting, arrange to do the following:
- Respectfully, tell your MP how important the issue is, and how much it impacts on others in your church and community
- Make sure that the conversation is focused on the issue, and does not get sidetracked
- State your concerns clearly and firmly, but do not feel you have to convince your MP.
- Ask your MP for his/her position on the issue.
- Ask your MP what action s/he is prepared to take on the issue.
The Basics: Pray, Write, Speak, Stand, Uphold
How to Write Letters to the Editor and to Government
Which Government Contact to Use
Contact Information for Your Local Member of Parliament
Visiting Your Local Member of Parliament
Starting a Petition
Participating in Demonstrations
Hosting an Event on Parliament Hill
Appearing Before a Parliamentary Committee
NEW! [ACTIVATE] Booklets on Euthanasia and on Human Trafficking