Please prayerfully consider an Annual Campaign gift to strengthen our stand for the kingdom. Your custom 2011 supporter card is enclosed.
I greet you with a grateful heart and with optimism as we enter 2011, a year full of promise because of His faithfulness.
Indeed this is a year that the Lord has made.
We are truly grateful for your partnership and friendship. Without your continued support, our efforts to impact our nation’s decision makers and strengthen the church would not exist.
Our endeavors in 2010 were signifi cant and proved to be crucial in the defence of biblical principles here in Canada. We are pressured on all sides and yet this past year you helped the EFC promote biblical principles on matters of law and public policy as we:
- Engaged in the courts and government, including before the Supreme Court of Canada
- Promoted greater child protection through initiatives for mandatory minimum sentences for child trafficking and sexual offenses against children, as well as mandatory reporting of child pornography
- Intervened to prevent the legalization of euthanasia and assisted suicide
- Defended the uniqueness and inherent status of human life in regard to assisted human reproduction
- Encouraged action by the Canadian government to act on domestic and international matters of religious freedom
Though we will continue to celebrate God’s faithful favour throughout 2011, we know that we must not become complacent.
In this coming year, the EFC will continue to stand fi rm on all fronts while paying particular attention to the issues faced by children in our nation. Increasingly, children are fi nding themselves in environments that harm, abuse, and neglect their most basic needs when they are instead entitled to nurturing places of love and security.
We cannot avoid the reality that the principles which give our country strength and which honour God, cannot be taken for granted. Indeed, a society is measured by how it treats its children.
Carefully considering what is happening now and the horizon ahead, we at the EFC are preparing for a year of many challenges.
We must remain vigilant
“Be on your guard; stand firm in faith.”
~ 1 Corinthians 16:13 NIV
This is why I write to you today.
The EFC’s calling to be watchmen for Christ and His kingdom is no small appointment. A significant amount of prayer, time, effort and money are required to maintain our role of holding Canada’s leadership accountable, equipping the church, and presenting biblical principles to all levels of government and concerning the most vulnerable be they unborn, children or youth, adult or seniors.
Here’s a glimpse at what 2011 holds:
- The EFC’s continued role of intervening in numerous court cases that left unchallenged can severely limit our religious freedom
- Keeping the issue of protection for unborn children before Parliament through work on private members bills until such a time as we have a government that will support this protection in law
- Providing MP’s and their staff with sound, biblically-based principles and resources that help shape public policy
- Moral, social and legal advice and support for evangelical students at universities across Canada who are under fi re for their beliefs and defence of God, His work and His principles
- Leadership support for evangelical ministry leaders through new research studies that will enhance the effectiveness of their work.
If the EFC is to continue our paramount work, the call must be answered.
We want to say “thank you” for your continued support for 2011. Each and everyone one of you enable us to be in the courts, on Parliament Hill and at ground zero with policy makers and church leaders.
Your gift today will help us start 2011 in the strongest position possible so that we can move forward fully funded and with adequate finances. Will you answer the call today?
As always, please be vigilant in your prayers for us as we are for you in our prayers – for without them and apart from God’s blessing, we cannot succeed.
May God bless you and your loved ones in 2011,
Bruce J. Clemenger
The Evangelical Fellowship of Canada
P.S. Please send your gift today and help extend the vital work of the EFC. You may wish to call us now with your donation at 1-866-302-3362.