Tools and tips for interacting with MPs and senators
This EFC Civic Engagement Kit
(revised Nov. 2021) offers advice and explanations about interacting with your elected government representatives. Feel free to reproduce and distribute copies in your group or church. You can also find more resources like this at our main page at TheEFC.ca/CivicEngagement
- Why get involved with social issues?
- Not just what we do, but how we do it
- Pray for MPs, especially your local MP
- What's the best way to contact an MP?
- Tips for contacting MPs
- Reach out on a positive note
- Calling your MP
- Tips for writing senators
- What to expect after an email, letter or phone call
- Planning a meeting or phone call
- How a bill becomes law and how you can participate
- What about church involvement
The "Go to resource" button below will ask for your email address and then email the download link to you for this 11-page PDF.