Résumé en français suit.
Scroll down to see the latest news about upcoming webinars, recent podcasts, etc.
Come back to this page anytime using www.TheEFC.ca/RenegotiatingFaith.
Our groundbreaking Young Adult Transition Research (YATR) partnership has released its first report, entitled Renegotiating Faith. It’s now available as a free download!
The Evangelical Fellowship of Canada, Power to Change–Students, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, Youth for Christ and Truth Matters Ministries partnered together on this research to discover how we can all help Christian teens stay connected to church and faith as they move on from high school.
The EFC and its partners want this research to be a gift to all churches. Download your free PDF copy of Renegotiating Faith: The Delay in Young Adult Identity Formation and What It Means for the Church in Canada at www.RenegotiatingFaith.ca.
When you get to the website, we encourage you to also subscribe to the research mailing list so you can receive notifications about new resources and about events where the research will be presented. If you think others could benefit from this research, we encourage you to send them to the link.
- Coming soon: A related resource tentatively entitled Competition for Character Education: What Emerging Adulthood Means for Christian Higher Education in Canada
- Upcoming webinar: Youth Renegotiating Faith at Christian Postsecondary Schools: How are faith and maturity different for youth who attend Christian post-secondary schools? How is Christian identity formed in the midst of Bible college, graduate theological school, liberal arts university or discipleship school? What do parents and pastors need to know about the opportunities and challenges for youth who attend those institutions? Join our expert guests Rick Hiemstra, director of research for the EFC and lead researcher for Renegotiating Faith; Bruce Guenther, associate professor of church history and Mennonite studies at Trinity Western University; and Justin Cooper, executive director of Christian Higher Education Canada. With host Karen Stiller (Nov. 28, 2018, Sign up now to attend)
- French-language executive summary: Résumé de Renégocier la foi: Répercussions du retard dans la formation de l’identité des jeunes adultes sur l’Église au Canada (Nov. 5, 2018)
- Webinar recording: Renegotiating Faith: The Delay in Young Adult Identity Formation: A discussion of major new research on youth and faith, featuring practical advice for churches. Includes lead EFC researcher Rick Hiemstra, Anton Lim of Power to Change–Students, and Jeremy MacDonald of Truth Matters. Host: Karen Stiller (Oct. 10, 2018)
- EFC Audio Podcast: Renegotiating Faith: An interview with Rick Hiemstra about the youth and faith research. Lead researcher on what the research revealed, and what parents and churches can learn (Sept. 11, 2018)
- Renegotiating Faith in Young Adulthood: Canadian research looks at how to help youth keep the faith after high school by Alex Newman (Faith Today, Sept/Oct 2018)
- What do you remember from the years right after high school? by Bill Fledderus (EFC blog, May 2018)
- YATR research project landing page
Author: Rick Hiemstra