Next steps in the federal Parliament -- and what you can do
- The Prime Minister will name his cabinet.
- The House of Commons will sit to hear the Speech from the Throne which describes the government’s priorities and plans for the next Parliament.
- In a minority government scenario, there will be conversation behind the scenes to determine which initiatives will be supported by the parties.
- All of the bills from the last Parliament died when the election was called and would need to be reintroduced as new bills.
What you can do:
- Reach out to your new MP and make a positive connection, whether you voted for that person or not. Try to have positive interaction before you need to contact your MP on an issue of concern.
- Write, call or post a message of congratulations
- Pray for wisdom for your MP, the Prime Minister and the new cabinet as they govern our country
- Check out the EFC’s new engagement kit with information on how to contact your MP, tips on meeting an MP, how a bill becomes law, what your church can do, and more.