Do you have resources to add here? Let us know.
Pray for these concerns anytime or at the suggested communal time of each Friday at 4:00 p.m. local time. Find past prompts archived at TheEFC.ca/[email protected].
- Pray for continued strength and resilience of medical staff, some of whom are overwhelmed and the hospitals that are understaffed, as they seek to care for those with Covid and other medical issues. Pray for governments in their management of the health care system.
- Pray for those battling Covid 19 in their bodies, and for their families and friends that they might be comforted.
- Pray for those experiencing hardship and the lasting physical, social, economic, psychological, and spiritual effects of the virus and the restrictions, and particularly for those suffering from grief.
- Pray for pastors and church leaders as they confront the effects of the pandemic manifest in their churches and the communities in which they serve.
- Pray for therapists counseling persons and families suffering due to the effects of the virus, and the isolation and other harms resulting from the restrictions.
Related EFC posts and links
- Rising above the pandemic in ordinary acts of service, by Bruce Clemenger, May 2021
- Subject to governing authorities, by David Guretzki, Mar. 2021
- When Covid strikes: Resilient prayer, caring community, by Bruce Clemenger, Feb. 19, 2021
- Pandemic leadership: The sound habits we need for these unusual times, by Bruce Clemenger, Feb. 3, 2021
- Covid and parenting, Isolation and Covid, Marriage and Covid: Three counsellors offer advice. Jennifer Bowen, Jen Watt and Stephen Doucet Campbell are counsellors with Shalem Mental Health Network, based in Hamilton. Podcasts January 18, 19, 20, 2021
- How to keep on keeping on, by David Guretzki, Jan. 2021
Current external resources - North America
Current external resources - Global
EFC Posts and Links from Fall 2020
- The Church and Covid: How are our pastors and leaders faring? EFC webinar, Dec. 21, 2020
- How Is the Church Doing During Covid? Faith Today podcast, Nov 24, 2020
- In those days: Pandemic parallels with the Nativity, by David Guretzki, Nov 15, 2020
- Coping with Covid: A New Study Reveals the Strategies that Work, Faith Today podcast with Bill Strom, professor of communications at Trinity Western, Aug 27, 2020
- God our Comforter, we cry out! by Bruce Clemenger, Jul 29, 2020
- Mixed emotions, by David Guretzki, July 2020